IMPORTANCE OF TRADE MARK REGISTRATION
Intellectual Proprietary privileges in relation to a trade mark may be established through actual use in the marketplace and registration provides for:
- Exclusive Rights – Registered trademarks owners have exclusive right to use their marks in trading. They also have the rights to take legal action for infringement under the Trade Mark Law against others who use their marks without consent. They can either take civil action or lodge complaints to Enforcement Division for appropriate actions under the Trade Description Act 1972.
- Legal Evidence – Registration certificate issued by Registrar Office is a prima facie evidence of trade mark ownership. A certificate of registration serves as an important document to establish the ownership of goods exported to other countries.
Exclusive Right of Trademark
Trademark exclusive right refers to the exclusive right of the registered trademark owner to use his trademark in transactions. According to the trademark law, the holder of a trademark can bring legal proceedings against others who use its trademark without consent. Moreover, the holder of a trademark may take civil action or complain to the law enforcement department in accordance with the trade description law in order to take appropriate action.
It can be anything, any shape or form of product or any combination of its packaging.
>Exclusive Right of Trademark
The registered trademark owner’s exclusive right to use his brand in transactions is referred to as trademark exclusive right.
- Use of trademarks
- Source – — trademarks help identify sources and sources related to trade in products and services on the market.
- Choice – trademarks help consumers easily choose goods and services.
- Quality – consumers define a trademark for their known quality.
- Marketing – trademarks play an important role in promotion. It is common for consumers to buy according to the continuous effect of advertising.
- Economy-recognized trademarks are a valuable asset. Trademarks can be licensed or franchised.
We also provide more services: