Whoever use any copyrighted works without consent or authorization from the author, copyright owner and performer, it may constitute an infringement under Copyright Act 1987. Amongst the act of infringement includes:
- reproduces in any material form, performs, shows or plays or distributes to the public,
- imports any article into Malaysia for the purpose of trade or financial gains;
- makes for sale or rent any infringing copy;
- sells, rent or by way of trade, exposes or offers for sale or rent any infringing copy;
- distributes infringing copies;
- possesses, otherwise than for his private and domestic use, any infringing copy;
- exhibits in public any infringing copy by way of trade;
- makes or has in his possession any contrivance used or intended to be used for the purpose of making infringing copies.
Definition of copyright
Copyright is defined as the exclusive right and transferable legal right granted to the creator to print, publish, perform, shoot or record literary, artistic or music materials within a fixed period of time.
Apply for copyright?
You can voluntarily file your copyright application. IP xpert’s team will provide high-quality services and consulting based on its rich experience in copyright.
Copyright Infringements Malaysia
In Malaysia, you can also apply for copyright from IP xpert. Copyright infractions Malaysia was governed by the Copyright Act 1987.
- Definition of copyright
- Copyright is defined as the creator’s unique and transferable legal right to print, publish, perform, shoot, or record literary, artistic, or musical items within a specific time frame.
- Apply for copyright?
- You have the option to file your copyright application willingly.
- Copyright Infringements Malaysia
- You may also apply for copyright via IP xpert in Malaysia. The Copyright Act of 1987 controlled copyright violations in Malaysia.
We also provide more services: